All music written by John Barry except "Smile" (Charlie Chaplin).
John Barry seems to have been a perfect choice for the soundtrack to this Richard Attenborough film, providing a subtlety in the music (despite the plethora of Barry trademarks salted throughout) that makes for a pleasant listening experience outside of the movie itself. There is a quirky moment, though -- the last track, not included in the film, is a '90s-style performance of "Smile" sung (very well indeed) by Robert Downey, Jr., who played Chaplin. It's an odd slice of ambient techno to find tucked in here. ~ Steven McDonald
Recorded at E.M.I. Abbey Road Studio, London, England and Elias/Vision Studio, New York. Includes liner notes by Richard Attenborough.
Personnel: John Barry (conductor); The English Chamber Orchestra.
Producers: John Barry, Jonathan Elias, Alexander Lasarenko, Fritz Doddy.
JOHN BARRY'S CLASSIC ACADEMY AWARD NOMINATED SOUNDTRACK, RICH AND HAUNTING. OUT OF PRINT, A RARE COLLECTIBLE. THIS CD IS IN PRISTINE FLAWLESS CONDITION. INSERTS INCLUDED AND ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. JEWEL CASE IN VERY NICE CONDITION, FROM SMOKE FREE PET FREE HOME 24HR SHIPPING WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
1. Chaplin (Main Theme) Listen
2. Early Days in London Listen
3. Charlie Proposes Listen
4. To California/ The Cutting Room Listen
5. Discovering the Tramp/The Wedding Chase Listen
6. Chaplin's Studio Opening Listen
7. Salt Lake City Episode Listen
8. The Roll Dance Listen
9. News of Hetty's Death/Smile Listen
10. From London to L.A. Listen
11. Joan Barry Trouble/Oona Arrives Listen
12. Remembering Hetty Listen
13. Smile Listen
14. The Roll Dance Listen
15. Chaplin (Main Theme)/Smile Listen
16. Smile Listen